1. Axis Long Term Equity Fund – Rs 7,000 (for tax saving)
2. Kotak Standard Multicap Fund – Rs 5,000
3. L&T Emerging Business Fund – Rs 5,000
4. ICICI Pru Bluechip Fund – Rs 5,000
5. SBI Bluechip Fund – Rs 5 ,000
6. Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund – Rs 5,000
7. HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund – Rs 5,000
8. Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund – Rs 2,500
9. Franklin India Prima Fund – Rs 2,500
I have a moderate to high risk appetite. My goal is to build corpus for retirement and for my yet unborn child.
Should I continue to invest in these funds or switch to some other?
I am also thinking of starting a new SIP of Rs 5,000 in the name of my child. Please suggest.
— Hitesh Suri
Suresh Sadagopan, Founder, Ladder7 Financial Advisories, responds:
Currently, you are doing SIPs worth Rs 42,000. You want to start another SIP of Rs 5,000 . You need not invest in so many funds. I would suggest that you consider investing in just three funds. You may invest via monthly SIPs in ICICI Bluechip Fund, Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip and Kotak Standard Multicap Fund.